Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Clear Coat Adhesion Problems
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 08:57 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

sand that base off ,its contaminated with sillycone,dont use that same gun again. its contaminated with sillycone..use wax & grease remover to clean the living crap out of the truck before you base it again....The proper way to use W&G is wipe it on with a soaking wet towel and wipe it off before it starts to evaporate with an other, dry ,clean towel.....Never use fish eye eliminator (ever) Its just a band aid on a severed artery...It's applicator error for sure, "He" put the crap in... "HE" sprayed the base too heavy(wet) and "HE" didnt wait long enough between coats (flash) All basic knowledge to a painter with at least 1-2 yrs exp....This guy is no painter (if he was he would have fixed it himself) ,A real painter would never let something like that leave the shop and would pay for the new materials himself ...I hope you didnt pay him much. If you buy new materials he'll probably screw it up again and say we're all full of crap he knows what hes doing...In reality you could have done a better job yourself in a home made tarp booth...
Try some new base like dupont or ppg (I've never heard of that stuff either) Do it yourself or get a new painter that'll take responsibility for his work...I've seen this stuff before ,all you'll get is excuses and its always someone elses fault...
Bottom line...the painter is responsible for quality control.....(any idiot can wave a gun back and forth),If someone sanded it wrong its still the painters fault for not catching it...and its his responsibility to fix it...Thats the difference between a "Painter" and someone that can paint...
To me,this guy sounds like a mechanic with a paint gun...painting without filters or old unchanged ones and not knowing any better.......And a long line of BS....I could be wrong ,but it sure sounds like it to me...That combined with a cheap crappy base is a recipe for disaster....Get some base and clear that everyone has used and likes,and stay away from the stuff nobodys ever heard of....even if its cheap ...50.00 more might have made all the difference....