Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Clear coat cracking
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
for painting it's always better to know all the dos and don'ts before you even spray a gun. With bodywork it's get a fender, put a dent it, and heck, you could even somewhat fix the dent with two nice sized rocks if you had to saying unga bunga. For painting you have to read up on lots of details before even picking up a gun or you will be throwing away money. So I'm surprised you guys even had a painter that can't recognize that you spray a spray out card the same as you would the vehicle. This is all mentioned in I-Car and common sense. If he's I CAR platinum as I am at refinishing then he should know this. Is he I car platinum? The new role certified?
Henry, common sense can't be taught. And you can go thru an ICAR class and be handed the answers at the end, I don't know about you but the classes I have been to do basically that, tell you the answers to the test. Not only that, but if you have no passion in the subject you are simply not going to absorb the information. God knows I have been to a few ICAR classes that I couldn't tell you a darn thing I learned, it was a subject that bored me.

This guy, I don't know what to think about him, he has no passion what so ever in the science of paint. If you have no passion you can go to a hundred classes, you are going to walk away with nothing. Where you and I would test things and see where the boundaries are and so forth, he could care less, it's just a job.

Brian