Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - clear coat help
Thread: clear coat help
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

ok so i took on this repair job and replaced a front fender and bumper cover etc. shot some dark grey epoxy went on beautiful nice and smooth except for the dust was attracted to the bumper for some reason. but i tacked as i sprayed no big problem. anyways epoxy went on great. on to base coat same thing great no problems went on like glass. blended great.
on to clear coat first coat mixed 2:1:10% per tech sheet. went on like absolute ****. it was spiting i only sprayed maybe a 1 foot section like this. the test shot sprayed awsome, ( yes one was done ) so i bumped the air psi to 45 pounds it some how got nocked down to 20psi. but still the clear coat came out very orange pealed badly. but just on a set of doors because after i did some last minute repairs i decided to just shoot the two doors and hard line it at the door seem. luckly the paint was a perfect match. any ways i put on like 3 wet coats even thou the orange peel was seen after the first coat, bye the way the bumper cover and fender min. orange peal, i figured that i could just color sand and buff, it sanded out nicely beleive it or not, but i broke threw on a couple area's, does any one know of a way to get these small spots that im going to blend in to dry super quick, the tech sheet says 16 hours to sand and buff and i have one day to make repairs and to buff the entire car. any tricks ( heat gun, adding more activator, act of god???? any help ) the area that needs to be colored and cleared is maybe a 3x 2' area and a small burn threw area on a rounded area of a door. but i have to get this car gone asap. please any suggestions. ( the areas are already wet sanded down other wise i would just say take the car ill spray this and buff it in a few days. i hat rush jobs. anyways thanks in advance