Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - clear coat help
Thread: clear coat help
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

no more omni 161 clear for me, in my opinion its junk, and my jobber recommended it. then went it to get some clips told him that the clear came out so orange pealed that oranges were jelous. he tried blaming it on me and my set up blah blah, i told him that the sealer and base went on like glass, the clear was reduced up to 25 percent and still went on like snot tryed blameing it on my gun tip and psi. i told him my set up and my fix to the problem. and then decides to tell me that ppg just recently made a change to the clear and now it was not recommended for repairs. i put my hands up and said well that would a been nice to know since i told you what i was doing. now just to clear some things up. im not used to doing crash um cars. blending and stuff i know how but i dont do much i do mostly full jobs. so yes im kinda dumb when it comes to different clears for specific jobs. but now i know. but still omni 161 is now not going any where near my cars. the paint im happy with but that clear sucks.