Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Clear Coat Problems Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 06:32 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Clear Coat Problems Help!!!

I reshot a deck lid last night due to a minor flaw. It was spoted lightly with some base not covering the whole deck lid only the area that needed attention. The paint on this is a week old. I used du-pont 7900 clear wich has worked wonderful for me in the past. It has 5 coats of clear on it with aprox 20-25 min between coats to let it flash off real good. Tonight i color sanded with 600-1000-1500-2000-4000. when i started buffing it back to a high gloss i wiped down an area with apolish cloth and notice what appears to be millons of little like pinholes. I am going to say it must of solvent popped but I do not know for sure . THIS IS A first for ME. I have never seen any thing quite like it. I have gotten in a hurry in the past on clear one coat after another and the next day it is all hazy looking but nothing like this. My question is, IS thier any hope that I can color sand it some more and get rid of it provided I don't go through the clear or Do I end up letting it cure out for week take the DA to it with some 320 and sand it to death and then rebase and clear again. ANY of you Pro's ran into this before.