Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - clear still fingerprinting
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 10:16 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

The main part of the car cannot be moved in the sun but the hood, trunk lid and doors have been. I sanded to open it up but it didn't seem to help. There are only two pieces that cured which are plastic but were sprayed at the same time as the rest of the car with the same mix on every coat. I don't think it's the base coat because I sprayed it on too dry, metallics not laying down as they should. That leaves the clear which I sprayed 3 coats, which was also reduced. The activator and reducer were correct for the temperature in the shop. If it wasn't for the 2 plastic pieces that cured I would think it's the activator or just the cheap clear but they dried just fine and are not affected by heat. I even wiped some spots with lacquer thinner and reducer to see if it would dissolve the clear but it doesn't affect it. It's just soft when hot and fingerprints. Even when not hot you can push a fingernail into the clear. Are some clears that soft?