Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - clearcoat/ basecoat
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Okay, you have orange peel and "pock marks", sounds like "fish eyes', Fish eyes are a result of contamination either on the car in in the air (both, garage or anywhere the vehicle is being sprayed. This contamination could generally be motor oil, oils from your hands, or other products containing either an oil or silicone base product, (i.e. armoural...walk into any quality Body Shop and ask if this is a recommended product...you will be given a resounding NO). Clean your painting surface as well as your painting area. By the sounds of it I would recommend re-clearing your project, I would not recommend sanding in-between coats. If you are colour sanding and polishing, put on three to four coats, allow ample cure time, (depending on temperature, if room temperature about three weeks, more if cooler). Using a block and wet sand paper, stating with 800 git if orange peel is real bad, and sand until the surface is smooth. graduate to 1200, 1500, 2000 and possibly 2500 grit for easy polish. Hope this helps