Hot Rod Forum banner

cleveland info needed

738 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  oldBodyman 
#1 ·
Hi all I have a 66 ford falcon, I grew up in australia and owner a few falcon gts there so now I live in california I bought a 66 falcon sports coupe and am building it like my gt in australia, so heres my question I have a 351 4v, is stock and in need of a rebuild, the car has a 9 inch detroit locker and a toploader, I really am not going to drag race it (the rear is 323 gears) but I do want it to go like stink, I have a melling high vol oil pump, and a pete jackson gear drive(cam with the motor) I also have 4v aussie heads(stock) I would like it to run hard to 7000 rpm and would like it to sound very lumpy at idlewhat do you suggest for a engine combo thanks in advance Gary

#3 ·
"I grew up in australia and owner a few falcon gts there so now I live in california "

you might want to check with California DMV first. 351 Clevelands did not come in 66 Falcons and they are a bit weird about smog controls there. It would be a waste to build IF they will not register it for street use. :evil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.