Hot Rod Forum banner

Clip the front of a 59 Chevy pu with a 70 Camaro Front clip? Will it work?

9K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Houston54 
#1 ·
I am building a 1959 Chevrolet Apache Short Wide PU and have a 70 Camaro that I am parting out;. I am trying to find out if the Camaro front clip will work on the PU. Anyone know?

#5 ·
Yes, it can and has been done many, many times; but for most intents and purposes, it is now "older tech". There are several aftermarket crossmember kits available that do not involve cutting off the front of the frame of your truck, and the amount of welding needed to install one of these is about the same as that needed to install a Camaro subframe. In the past, there have been many articles in many truck and rod mags, that have dealt with this subject in various levels of detail; try searching on line for Truckin', Hot Rod, Car Craft, and many others, and dig in their archives - you might be surprised at what you find.

#7 ·
To do this subframe modification correctly you should obtain a copy of the No Limit Engineering video which shows how to do this. I believe it is about $35 and well worth the cost.

The camaro subframe to the task force series trucks 55-59 is a common swap. The G body swap is also possible but you will have more fabrication to do to solve clearance problems with the steering box and header clearance. The F body (camaro) is a better option for a subframe for your truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.