Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Clutch Fan
Thread: Clutch Fan
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 04:04 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by 22pRE-runner Guy
hey not to take attention away from malibu man but i was just wondering if you can take off the fan clutch/crank-driven fan with out coolant or anything like that spilling out..since its mounted on the same pulley as the water pump? i was looking at installing an electric fan kit also. by the way i picked up a 14 inch zirgo 2600 cfm fan off of ebay for about 70 dollars if anyone else was looking for a place to get one
oh yeah and is it a bad thing to just have a manual switch hooked up instead of a temp-relay switch?
thanks in advance
If I understand you correctly, you can take the fan and clutch assembly off without any problem, if the center alignment pin is sticking through the pulley snout. What I would do is to remove one stud at a time after removing the clutch and fan and replace it with a suitable bolt and lock tite them then move on to the next. I was able to remove the fan and clutch assembly and replace the clutch and fan with out loosening the belts. Used the tight belts to help hold the pulley while loosening and tightening the nuts on the studs. Ed ke6bnl