Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - clutch/ hydraulics problem
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 09:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

clutch/ hydraulics problem

ok, i've got a 89' s-10 truck with a 4 cylinder (all 90 horses)and a t-5 trans. 3 months ago the trans was rebuilt and i put it in with a new clutch, plate, bearing and bushing. everything was fine until late last week. it got hard to to downshift and this week it got to the point the clutch won't disengage at all.
i spent the day replacing the entire clutch assembly, still can't get it into gear while running. i've checked the master and slave cylinder and both seem to be functioning properly. i'm getting almost an inch of travel at the fork. the manual says 1/2 inch is normal.
you can feel pressure on the pedal but no real resistance (really soft). the fork is on the pivot ball and you can shift through all the gears very easily when its not running, the fork didn't look to be bent (matched it up with my extra).
i'm thinking maybe the slave is bleeding back once it meets resistance on the fork. is that possible?
i've read the posts here and other forums but can't seem to find the right answers. i need to get this back on the road so i can fix my firebird. thanks, roy