Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Clutch problems on 66 Mercury
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:41 AM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Clutch problems on 66 Mercury

I need some input on some problems I am having with my clutch. Last year my clutch went out on my 66 Mercury Comet and I had a shop replace it. The new clutch then expired after 30 miles of use and the shop owner refused to do anything about it. My car then sat until just 2 days ago when I finally had enough time and money to fix it. The problem I am having is when I push in the clutch it hardly moves the fork and then the pedal sticks to the floor. This is the same problem I had with the Centerforce Clutch I just replaced. The shop who replaced it last year had to lengthen the clutch adjustment rod to just get the clutch to work. I bought a Ram Clutch to replace the Centerforce Clutch, this was the same clutch I used before the Centerforce Clutch. I did not have any problems with the Ram Clutch until it expired last year. Does anybody have any ideas, could there be something wrong with the mechanical clutch linkage or is something else wrong?

BTW, the clutch isn't slipping it just isnt engaging and the pedal isn't releasing.