coffee flavors that don't taste like straight black - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

I've been mixing 1/2 decaf to 1/2 caffeinated coffee for a while now. They also make it premixed, but I like Colombian so I have to do it myself.

A spoon of Quick or a squirt of Hershey's syrup will take care of the taste w/o adding too much sugar, and chocolate is a mild stimulant.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 04:54 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Using Caffine to stay awake is like taking downers to go to sleep - - - it's a lose lose and "eventually" it will take it's toll on the old bod. I've known dudes in the past that had to take something (caffine, meds, sugar) to help them get going and then take something to help them slow down (usually alcohol and meds). Most of them aren't with us today.

There are foods that will give you energy slowly and then stay with you for a while but then there are foods like Chocolate/Sugar/Donuts that bring you up fast but then let you down the same way. Sometimes it takes your body a little while to adjust to not havng the "quick" fix but if you stay with it, it will pay off in the long run. The older you get, the more important eating/drinking healthy becomes.

Good Luck with this, Pal, cause it's a tuffie for sure,
Em
Old 02-04-2013, 05:34 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

As I'm sitting here about to go for my second cup, which is my normal morning fix. As far as drinking it black - it takes at least a month to 'teach' your taste buds to like it that way. I weaned off light and sweet to just black probably xx years ago, but it sure was a struggle. Now, I can drink it with a little milk or cream, but the sugar - bleeeh. My wife drinks the half-caf, usually Folgers and if I have a 'need' in the afternoon, will brew up some of that. It actually tastes good and like the real stuff. When I do a town errand, I stop and have a cup of about 90% regular, 10% hazel nut which I like.

No sermons on how bad or addictive it is for you - just enjoy coffee sensibly?

(I like the idea of Bailey's, but John Jameson's uisce beatha is what I 'stock')

Dave W

I just saw this a few minutes ago on the net;
"9 Surprising Caffeine Facts
The Truth About Caffeine Addiction and More"

http://www.lifescript.com/food/artic..._campaign=food

DW

Last edited by Irelands child; 02-04-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 AM

Last photo:

I never liked coffee that much. But i do like my Budwiser's. Well now i have 3 to 4 Black cups in the morning. Was watching one of those doctor show maybe doctor oz not sure. But being a drinker they said 3 to 4 black cups will cut the chance of getting cirrhosis of the liver up to 80%. Well i forced myself to down that bitter black stuff, Now it goes down smooth like a fine wine.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:15 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
No sermons on how bad or addictive it is for you - just enjoy coffee sensibly?
was I preaching again, Dave? didn't mean to be I drink about 3/4th pot of leaded dark roast every morning myself - - - - HOWEVER, Gearhead's problem could be hypoglysemia (sp) or even thyroid related but I'm damned sure no doctor and that's who needs to address that issue.

Got to work on my next sermon now
Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
was I preaching again, Dave? didn't mean to be I drink about 3/4th pot of leaded dark roast every morning myself - - - - HOWEVER, Gearhead's problem could be hypoglysemia (sp) or even thyroid related but I'm damned sure no doctor and that's who needs to address that issue.

WR - not picking on anyone, especially you. Just telling it the way I think, which sometimes goes against the grain (and one of the prize privileges of us aged matured folk)

Dave W
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
(I like the idea of Bailey's, but John Jameson's uisce beatha is what I 'stock')

Dave W

IDW

AMEN,,

PATTIE'S IS Better, they now import it.. hated that we had to bug everyone we knew, to being back a bottle or two.. when they where in Ireland
Old 02-04-2013, 07:38 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post

no worry's,,
it's not the caf. thats the issue,
doc. doesn't want me drinking diet soda of any kind, and def. not diet mountain dew....
even the reg. soda has fake sugar. I can't have any of it..
I could drink the mountain dew throwback with real sugar, but they want me to loose 70lb I told them I'd shoot for 50 lb's, that make an even 200. and if I drank that like I was drinking the diet 2-3 ltr a day, I'd gain 50 lb's lol

will try the coffee and some quik.. most likely it'll only take one cup..well, my cup is about the size of a beer mug..lol
the flavored creamers, are not in the card, as they want the fat in the liver/heart lowered, so the creamers wouldn't help there,
limited on pasta and starch, potato's also.. meals are getting mighty boring..
the + side is I drink 1.5 gallons of water a night at work..
Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
AMEN,,

PATTIE'S IS Better, they now import it.. hated that we had to bug everyone we knew, to being back a bottle or two.. when they where in Ireland
Bushmill's in Northern Ireland is where it's bottled - I watched a bunch being done a few years ago. I still prefer Jameson's, especially the 12 year old brew that my daughter usually gives me every Xmas(but gave me Scotch this year - but still appreciated)
Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
One thing to watch out for is the fact that coffee and alcohol are both diuretics, you pee more out than you took in. So if you find yourself like I did one time a few years ago where when the doctor asked me about my water intake I was slapped in the face with the reality that ALL I was drinking were diuretics, coffee in the morning then a beer at night, then some tea before bed. I was dehydrated because of this.

I now find that I will have a cup of coffee in the morning then sip on a cup of hot water during the cold months and cold water during the summer. Just having a sip of that plain hot water seems to satisfy my need for the coffee I was drinking.

Brian
Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Licenced Automotive Technician

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
Loud rock and roll might help.....mettalica, or queensreich or .....

Works, either one is good!!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Die standin' up

Last journal entry: geezer69 nova 63
Last photo:

i like my coffee to much. if you drink it for a little while black, nothin in it you'll get used to it purdy quick. i like it plain.when i want it sweet i put just a dab of honey in it.i was told to quit it too but i aint gonna.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
One thing to watch out for is the fact that coffee and alcohol are both diuretics, you pee more out than you took in. So if you find yourself like I did one time a few years ago where when the doctor asked me about my water intake I was slapped in the face with the reality that ALL I was drinking were diuretics, coffee in the morning then a beer at night, then some tea before bed. I was dehydrated because of this.

I now find that I will have a cup of coffee in the morning then sip on a cup of hot water during the cold months and cold water during the summer. Just having a sip of that plain hot water seems to satisfy my need for the coffee I was drinking.

Brian
haha mountain dew has the same ph levels as piss, so you don't own it, you rent it.. coffee can't be half as bad as the dew was,,
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
(and one of the prize privileges of us aged matured folk)
Dave W
aged maybe? matured? NEVER
Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
haha mountain dew has the same ph levels as piss, so you don't own it, you rent it.. coffee can't be half as bad as the dew was,,
I can drink 2 cups of coffee and wear out a good urinal - - - what'sup with that???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.