Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Projects/Builds/My Ride (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/projects-builds-my-ride/)
-   -   coffin car build (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/coffin-car-build-209416.html)

wayneooo 11-27-2011 06:00 AM

coffin car build
 
3 Attachment(s)
ok heres what we got done so far.the frame is 2.5x 2.5 rec tube.134" corner to corner 26" wide the rear is welded in place using the axle pads out of my s10. this will be boxed in for more support. we built the rear trans mount yesterday and doing the front motor mounts today. the front end was built by T buckets 4 you off ebay. 4" drop 37 ford. speedway motors 37 spindels
i am using 19" Harley rims so these had to be respoked for the new hubs. the hubs look like the org dragula the engine is a 350 chevy im using a 62 covair steering box flipped upside down will be working on that next. we are doing this out side as my garage is small and its still up in 70s here

delawarebill 11-27-2011 07:41 AM

now that sound neat...
 
but i'm wondering about the H/D spoked rims ??? not sure if they are heavy nuff.. car wheels turn, bike wheels lean....

NEW INTERIORS 11-27-2011 09:00 AM

Should be cool when it's all done... My Hat is off to you for giving it a try... :thumbup:

How did you end up with a coffin ??? Or should I not ask !!!!! :mwink: :thumbup:

MARTINSR 11-27-2011 10:35 AM

Talk about drive, holy crap you are building that car with the very bare bones (pardon the graveyard pun) in a shop aren't you!

Brian

cboy 11-27-2011 10:46 AM

Shade tree building...luv it.

123pugsy 11-27-2011 11:18 AM

This should be good.
Subscribed.

BTW, is that a used casket?

MARTINSR 11-27-2011 11:26 AM

It looks new, I am wondering about it myself but like Randy I am afraid to know. :pain:

Brian

wayneooo 11-27-2011 11:36 AM

they are being respoked with stainless steel spokes.. Hayden builds dragster wheels i just sent them the bare rims and the hubs the casket i got off ebay for a halloween prop steel not wood, new not used, do they sell used caskets :sweat: ?

NEW INTERIORS 11-27-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayneooo
they are being respoked with stainless steel spokes.. Hayden builds dragster wheels i just sent them the bare rims and the hubs the casket i got off ebay for a halloween prop steel not wood, new not used, do they sell used caskets :sweat: ?

I always wanted to build one like this.. Just never came across a casket.... Now I know where to look.. :thumbup: As far as a used one.. :pain:

I DON'T THINK SO !!!! :nono: :nono: I can see it now,, Your running down the road with your foot on the floor board and You hear someone yelling SLOW DOWN !!!! and see no one... :eek: :eek: :eek:

THAT'S WHEN IT'S TIME TO JUMP OUT !!!! :eek: :eek:

Keep posting I think this will be cool to watch here... :thumbup:
If you find your tools are missing... Don't give up... :thumbup:

Frisco 11-27-2011 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Are you building a replica of the TV show car used on the Munster's? Car was named Dragula. Below is one of many pics of it found on on the web. There also was a model car kit of that vehicle.

wayneooo 11-27-2011 06:07 PM

i wanted to do it that way but would need 2 side panels almost 3 ' long made up to lenghten the body for the motor to fit inside. then it would like sitting in engine compartment. HOT :sweat: . as stated mine will be on the outside ill be using the front of the box like a firewall inside will be the battery tray wire harness, etc etc. still not sure about head and tail lights have all winter to think about that..... it is like a tbucket why put a lot of chrome parts on the engine if no one can see them.

miraclepieco 11-27-2011 07:50 PM

Shadetree mechanic
 
Anyone who builds their car outdoors is okay by me. Too many guys claim their car is "home built," then show photos of it taken in a 5000 sq ft shop, complete with hydraulic press, metal shears and brakes, hydraulic hoists, and more $ in professional equipment than my whole house cost. Yeah, right, you LIVE there...

Try building a car in a single car garage, crawling underneath on your back on a cold concrete (or gravel) floor, and you'll have a whole new appreciation for "home built."

NEW INTERIORS 11-27-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miraclepieco
Anyone who builds their car outdoors is okay by me. Too many guys claim their car is "home built," then show photos of it taken in a 5000 sq ft shop, complete with hydraulic press, metal shears and brakes, hydraulic hoists, and more $ in professional equipment than my whole house cost. Yeah, right, you LIVE there...

Try building a car in a single car garage, crawling underneath on your back on a cold concrete (or gravel) floor, and you'll have a whole new appreciation for "home built."


Been there done that.. :nono: But I said a long time ago to my wife when I would come in full of mud and wet,, That it's time to move up or stop building....

You can still have a shop and build a home built car.... You just have to make up your mind to buy the things to make it easier on you..

No matter what tool's you have.. You still have to know how to use them... The wrong guy in a shop full of tool's won't make a car.. :nono:

wayneooo 11-28-2011 03:17 AM

yeah my next home will have a bigger garage thats for sure. i kustom paint bikes in my shop plenty big enuff for that . my wife told me to get rid of my S10 but she didnt say how :thumbup: Interior what kind of radiator did you put in your pie wagon C Cab hotrod u where building?.

NEW INTERIORS 11-28-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayneooo
yeah my next home will have a bigger garage thats for sure. i kustom paint bikes in my shop plenty big enuff for that . my wife told me to get rid of my S10 but she didnt say how :thumbup: Interior what kind of radiator did you put in your pie wagon C Cab hotrod u where building?.


I bet when your done building this thing... People will be dieing to ride in it..... LOL Man !!! :eek: that didn't sound right !!!! :drunk:
No man !!! :D I had to be the first to say that... Just joking with you.. It will be very cool... :thumbup:


I didn't buy one yet.. But it will be one out of speedway...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.