coil spring spacers - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2010, 04:17 PM
More for Less Racer

Wiki Edits: 0

I have found on Ebay several sellers of a new set of aluminum spacers like the rubber donut you have shown, goes on the end of a spring, and have seen them in use, they work fine. I've used the rubber in the past, on top of the spring and this works fine also.

Never tried the rubber donut between two coils, that should make the spring stiffer rate but not give as much added height installed that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2010, 04:24 PM

Last journal entry: comming along
Last photo:

Thanks.. I will look it up.. Al
Old 07-19-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APalusky
Are coil spring spacers ok to use?? I need to raise my front suspension by about 1". Mr. Gasket has them.. Thanks Al
It will just make it a lot stiffer and you will feel just about every little bump on the road. It will also give you more ground clearance in the back. You would be better off getting ac delco struts and ac delco coil springs . Unless you don't have the money get the spacers, better than bottoming out.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APalusky
Are coil spring spacers ok to use?? I need to raise my front suspension by about 1". Mr. Gasket has them.. Thanks Al

it will just make it a lot stiffer and you will feel just about every little bump on the road. It will also give you more ground clearance in the back. You would be better off getting new struts and springs. Unless you don't have the money get the coil spring spacers, better than bottoming out.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:20 PM

Last journal entry: comming along
Last photo:

Well I have the spacers in. It did raise the front almost 2". As far as the back goes.. I don't really see any difference. The front was lowered 2" to start with 2" drop spindles. I also cut a full loop out of the coil which droped it another 2". I didn't have the wheels and tires that I was going to be running on it when I lowered it the first time. Now it sits fine. I do have to raise the headder drop tube about 1 1/2" though.. Al

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.