Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Coilovers on a MII IFS 54 Ford F-100
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:36 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Centerline I'm old and fairly blind but I could see the driver side was higher right away and we confirmed it with measurements from the ground to the fender lip on a flat and level concrete pad. Going back to the low profile tires would only make it worse i.e. the gap between the tire and fender would grow and the chassis would be closer to the ground. I've only driven it about twenty miles but I think the odds of it settling exactly an inch on the passenger side and an inch and a eighth on the driver side are pretty remote hence the coilover idea. Believe me I'm not in a hurry to spend the money on the coilovers but I want the stance close to perfect while minimizing the trial and error phase. I still would like to know if the stock shock mounting points are up to the load, more pointedly the lower horizontal bolt through the OEM lower control arm? Also considering I'm only after an 1/8 side to side is it acceptable to grind that amount off the lower end of the coil spring or would that create too much heat?

-Will