Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cold weather painting&needing help
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:42 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

First off what you want to use is a fast reducer for that temp, I don't know what kind of paint you are using but if you get the product info sheet for the brand your using with the s/s it should tell you in there what your dry time to clear will be. As far as getting the paint to flow the way you want, there are a lot of variables with your air pressure settings and fluid control. The big part of that too comes with gun distance and speed. I don't know what kind of lighting you have in there but get as much as you can so you can see exactly how the paint is laying down on the truck as your spraying it. When I spray in the colder weather I usually go a little more on the flash times because it wont dry as fast in the cold and that's where you will get a lot of runs, because your loading up coat after coat that has not properly flashed of yet. Pay close attention to how the paint is laying down on the work. If you can see exactly what is happening as the paint is coming out of the gun, then you can adjust your distance and speed accordingly. My best advice would be is get a large panel like an old hood or something, stand it up and practice with your distance and speed on something like that.