Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cold weather painting&needing help
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 09:10 PM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Thanks..sorry back on so late.I was doing all my body work today.The paint is restoration shop as au machinery grey The kit only comes with a slow sell hardner.I actually asked for fast but they didn't have it.I called around today&the local robber was closed but orileys has medium for 65+ degrees.Its supposed to get close to 60 tomorrow.Tonite it got down in the 30s&with my torpedo heater I got it to mid 70s I sprayed a hood I took off my drag project when I put my cool hood onlaid the hood standing up like you guys said&it had great coverage in a single coat I did to it in sections to see what I would get for runs the results are...I've figured out in my previous paint jobs I was going too fast so it seems like slower is better but too slow = runs so I did get a few just trying to find my happy medium.The runs went that bad.I did have to reduce.The paint mixes@4:1 I only added 1/2 part reducer &seemed to flow well.gonna try with a bigger tip tomorrow&the medium reducer when I go get it.I'm using a 60 gallon. pump air compressor with the purple hvlp gun..I've got about 10 of em lol I think my p.i.c. is getting me the devilbliss for xmas as the ups guy delivered a package from eastwood the other day&they hid it..anyways getting off subject I have a inline oil/water seperator &the little disposal air filter@gun after my regulator.I'm running 100@compressor &30@gun trigger pulled.
Though the paint flowed well it was very tacky&took way top long to dry.I think it has a lot to do with the temp&moisture in the air.Tomorrow before I shoot I'm gonna run the heater for around 3 hours before I shoot