Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cold weather painting&needing help
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 01:52 AM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
some of the cheaper paints require a tack coat before you start actually painting,its just a mist coat of paint that really helps not getting runs...
as far as the waiting for the next coat there are no set times just wait fifteen min and go in and touch the paper where a good amount of paint was applied when its tacky and dont smear around ,its ready for another coat. Ive waited an hour hour + at times waiting for it to be just right for the next coat ...and when its really hot I can hardly sit before it ready....fast reducer is what you need,even at 60 degrees...It doesnt have to be from the company that made the paint ,if its urathane paint any urathane reducer will work same goes with enamels and acrilic enamels...although when it comes to the urathane paints the better quality reducers work better than the cheap stuff.and the hardners come in fast ,med and slow also...
It might be better to wait...
Trying to get it done as I may sell it after taxes to fund a dually cummins&I might wait till Monday to get the fast hardner if you think the med wont work if you say no then its no because everything you've told me in the past I have found was all true.As far as the mist coat..so pretty much just step back&do a light mist?I'm guessing a little lighter then if I'm trying to get rid of tiger striping on a panel is that right?Should I wait till its good&tacky till I lay my first coat afterwards?