Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cold weather painting&needing help
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:59 AM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
On the activator question, the answer is NO...It's not a good idea, even if the mix ratio is the same as your activator, you don't know what else is in another manufacturer's product...People have done it and gotten away with it, I've seen people do it and the paint job becomes a big mess...NO.

As far as your "dust or dirt specs" issue, it's hard to tell you what it is without seeing it. It could be dirt or dust, your conditions aren't optimal for a dust free paint job. It wouldn't be solvent popping, to cool for that. I'm not sure I understand when you say you wet sand it and it makes it really dull??? It should make it really dull, you need to polish it after it's wet sanded.

Ray
It's not dirt or dust...I have the area Im painting in framed up with a make shift paint booth with tyvek all around even on the floor with a huge dust collector sucking...I do the standing in another section of the shop.It does look dull but matter how much I sand it down it still shows the imperfections.I can't really explain it..its not orange peel it look like small splatters over the whole paint.Its not there when I shoot it happens as it clears.I had this problem this summer also&Idk what I did different but it went away...could it br from over reducing?Because I know for sure this summer I over reduced forsure