Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cold weather painting&needing help
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:33 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Seems to me a fella had a similar problem and after many posts we all figured out it was the HF gun .They pack it full of grease and it has to be completely takin apart and cleaned out very well....
I really hate to say it but ifyou really want good results, painting with cheaper materials might not be the best way to learn...I'think I'd save that paint for a warmer day and buy a better brand with the proper fast hardener and reducer...I say this because the better quality paints are actually kinda hard to to get a run with...some brands that I've used that were very nice to spray are Sherwin Williams 7000 SS,Glasurit and my favorite SPI SS because its a lot cheaper and sprays just like the top shelf paints,All that said I was under the impression you were using a SS solid color urathane paint...but if its a metallic and you want to clear it this isnt a good choice you'd be much better off using a base/clear for metallics.Your just wasting your time using a SS metalic it'll never look as good as BC/CC ,The solid colors come out looking great though,