Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cold weather painting&needing help
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:55 AM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Hey there gang I waited up for the thiefs &nada but hey I got lucky the guy on cl with the window forsale ended up g
Giving me the window for free turns out my neighbor works for him.I dont really know him too good he just has a trucl like my old one so I saw him one day&told him when I go to the parts he could have em.Well anyway he even dropd it off!I offerd to pay but he said we gotta take care of our own community.So Im real thankful.Now back to the paint.No its a solid when I mentioned the metallic it was in that really bad pic from my try this past summer.I've learned my lesson I shot my buddys t bucket with a water based silver in bc/cc&that's the best I've done so far.Well I just had got laid off so I'm not buying any more paint right now but the good news is Saturday its supposed to get up to 70 so that's my day.So Ill keep you guys posted.
I have a few more ??? OK MY Grandfather was a painter Ill post a few. Pix in a min...anyways Ive been using a lot of his stuff what ever the family didn't steal or sell that is.When he died 7 years ago there easy cases upon cases of royal purple,atf+4 stabil etc as he bought in bulk well there was half a case of 3m w&g remover in a aerosol can&that's what Ive been using is this the right stuff?Also should I use no soap when I wash before primer&do I wash or just wipe after primer?Also can I primer it today if I'm not gonna sand it out&shoot it till sat?Lastly so 100@compressor &30-35@gun correct?&should I not shoot when the comp cycles?It kicks on@100&will keep up with me spraying.