Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cold weather painting&needing help
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:09 PM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Well here are the results..it most defiantly could of used a different harder as its staying wet so long I can't tell what the results will be without waiting a long time..I shot 1 coat earlier &two hours later it was still very tacky.@first it looked like orange peel but as it cures its looking better.I optd to do the 2nd coat tomorrow as I got a few runs&I need to wet sand.I now believe my problem is incorrectly reducing &not proper prep work.I took the whole morning cleaning&I think I finally understand what my pop meant when he said painting is easy its all the other bs ya gotta do first thatll make the paint look good or not...that being said I have a 24x36 shop but I need a place specifically for painting so Ill be adding another 16 ft to the back because I fealt really camped.Anyways tomorrow Ill wet sand&shoot the next coat..anything I'm saying sounds like a bad idea feel free to say so..Ill take all the advice I can get .I've got a big chalk board down here with all of the good tips I get.