Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cold weather painting&needing help
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroatkid View Post
Hey john not arguing what your saying just saying it ticks me off that others can get it to flow right overtime&I'm just wasting cash on paint it seems.
I understand totally and don't doubt that you may be successful in getting to where you want to be. I do wonder about one other thing though. I have a few blisters in the body detail lines toward the tops of my doors on my car that are going to have to be repaired this winter. I wonder whether they are the result of solvent pop due to painting in too cool of conditions or moisture in lines or something else. Could it be that the activator has failed to do it's job and allowed the solvents to be trapped? Possible I think. The point I am making is modern refinishing materials are chemically engineered to work under very specific conditions. I am not sure they will allow us to go outside the parameters they are designed for without paying the consequences. Unfortunately I paint a car every couple of years and am not qualified to offer the guidance that the professionals on here can. The other side of the coin is they use heated paint booths with a controlled invironment and don't have to work under compromised conditions like we hobbiests do.

Good luck and keep us posted,
John L