Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Color Code Help ?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 07:09 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
That is a Dupont-Imron (5000) supplied by them to Freightliner, other companies may have the mix or close but will be hard to find.

Best bet is go to Dupont store in look in fleet chip book or next best may be Sikkens / Akzo store and look in book under freightliner.

Once you get the code then you can call and see who can mix it in what system but you will need the imron 5000 code first.

That color may also be under the 6000 system but it seems to me it is in both the 5000 and 6000 series, so look in both charts.
Don't remember as been a long time since looked.
That's for the Freightliner paint but he is wanting something similar to the paint on the truck he shows. Without knowing the owner of the truck and what paint he has exactly, there is no way of knowing what it is. For starters, I would print off a couple of pics on some photo paper and take it to your local paint supplier. They have literally thousands of samples. You can get close, but it will not be a perfect match. And it does appear to have pearl in it. To get it to match perfectly, you would need to know the type of paint, the type of base, sealer, amount and color of pearl additive. You also have to remember that different computer monitors will show the pics differently. No different than walking into an electronics store and looking at 100 TV's lining the walls. All pictures are different. Take the pics and let your paint guy and you decide what is the closest to the color shown. I can almost guarantee that once it is painted with what you pic out, you will be more than satisfied. You might also try going to some of the popular Chevy sites and see if anyone knows who's truck it is, then e-mail tham. ChevyTalk would be a good place to start, and then the '68 - '72 chevy truck site, and try to narrow it down that way.

Last edited by Kevin45; 12-25-2008 at 07:24 AM.