Color codes for 2002 S10 Ignition switch - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2008, 08:08 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Color codes for 2002 S10 Ignition switch

Ok guys I need some help!! I have my ignition switch exposed so I can see all the colored wires. I see 5 wires about 10 ga. , red/white,orange,brown,pink,and a red. three more little wires about 14 ga.red,yellow and a white.Also in there are three more wires about 16ga, A red/white,a black and orange,and a yellow. Lastly two more 16ga. wires. A green and a tan. Wow, hope you got all that. Here's what I need to know. Which one is the permanent 12V feed, which one is the switched ignition feed, and which is the Acc. feed.
Here's what I want to do. I have a switch panel I want to use. It has a ignition toggle switch, a push button starter , and thee other toggle switches. All the toggles have lights above them.I know I need a purple neutral ss wire to the solenoid. on one side of the push button. On the other side of the push button I THINK I need to put the ignition feed wire .
I then think I need to put the permanent 12V feed on the ignition toggle switch and MAYBE the Acc. feed on this switch as well?? Ok so now this is what I hope happens. I turn the key on to release the steering wheel lock. Flip the ignition toggle switch then push the start button and bingo!!!What do you guys think?? HEEEEELP!!

Thanks, Thom

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008, 06:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

ok,,,as best as I can tell,,,,your reds are the main and acc feeds,,one comes from crank fuse underhood block,,,the other returns to underhood block and powers your acc feeds,,,now the yellow continues the crank circuit and the pink and white once again return to the underhood distribution to feed all of your other necessary circuits.What your trying to accomplish can be done,but your going to need to get out your test light and start keying on each of lines to see which one is going to give you what you need,Sorry I can't be of more help.I just ran into the same issue with mine,,the guys that constructed my s10 used pruning shears to cut the harness and I've been tracking circuits for the last month,I've got no idea where some of the harness went,,but you have to be aware that alot of the circuitry is very dependent on your pcm,,if it's not reding what it supposed too it will cancel out parts of the circuit,,,beleive me I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.