Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Color Sand Nason Acrylic Enamel?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Try the Maguyers fine cut compound with the swirl mark remover and maybe the machine glaze.I tried it and loved it for when I sand with 1500 ...they have a coarser compound if you use 1200 or coarser...but like john said its tuff sanding peel out with it, it'll take a lot longer but on the brite side you'll buff faster and I'd rather sand than buff,I hate buffing it kills me...I sanded with 1000 once and it was so much work I never did it again even 1200 is a bit too ruff for me I just want to knock down the trash but I always go edge to edge knocking down what peel there is, not just a little nibbing, it just looks much better,more uniform...Now when I get a flow indicator I'll break out some 1000 and plane it down flat...
The problem with acrilic enamel is ,its a lot of work to sand and buff just to have it fade in a couple years...Your way better off using a urathane it sprays just as well and holds up a long time the price is about the same.
I was at the store today and someone bought a gallon of Nason ful-thane,viper red 250.00 a gallon but black is about 125.00 for the urathane