Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - color sanding & buffing help needed
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 10:07 PM

Last journal entry: Latest picture
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

color sanding & buffing help needed

I know this has been talked about before, but I need someone to explain to me what I'm doing wrong.
I've been painting for years, but always found buffing a challenge.I'm in the process of color sanding my street rod, but I can't seem to get that perfect finish. Anyone that sees it think it's perfect but I can see the flaws in certain light conditions.
In the early morning when the sun is low, I can see dull hazzy spots as well as slight sand scratches. I have buffed this thing five times with different products, but still it's not perfect. The best results have been with Ferecla G3 and a wool pad followed by G10 and a foam pad.I then applied hand glaze with a micro fibre cloth.The paint is Chroma Premier base with 72500 Chroma Premier clear, which was applied about a week prior.I wetsanded with 1500, then 2000 first.What are the special techniques? Do I push down on the buffer to heat the paint? Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I'm using an air powered rotary buffer which spins about 1800 RPM. Thanks,Dan

www.geocities.com/dantechfab