Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - color sanding & buffing help needed
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Paintshop Dog

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Buffing!

I hate to buff! But I do it every day. As for sanding with 2000 only, you are not going to get as flat a surface with 2000. A coarser grit will give you a flatter surface. I use 1000, 1500, and then 2000 (with 3 coats of clear). Make sure you sand over your coarser scratches enough with the 2000. And well guys frankly patience, patience, and more patience! Devide the car up into 2 foot squares and do a small area like that at a time. Also the building up heat is not going to help. I just use 3M quik cut with a white wool pad then good ol Finesse it 2 with a yellow pad and then the creme de... whatever 3M Dark Foam pad polish with a dark foam pad. Be patient in the compound stage, it takes time to get all thse scratches out and more preasure won't help either you'll just tick off the body man with that. Once you don't see any scratches anymore then glaze over it all with Finesse gently then ever so softly drift over it all with the dark polish. Use just a sparing amount of the dark polish the less the better. Then hand glaze with the micro fiber, sit back, have a beer and enjoy the shine!