Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - colors for Youngrodders.com, looking for feedback
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 07:47 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by home brew
I'm not sure if you have noticed but by flipping the logo from its original direction you now have a hot rod with right hand drive.
Are those not allowed, or what?

The car going to viewer left, while positioned at the left edge, is making use of an old trick in paint, print and movies: it creates tension in the viewer. Alfred Hitchcock was good at it. Notice all the B movies and splatter movies make use of it. You always have lots of useless screen on whichever side the unsuspecting victim is ~not~ travelling and you know the psycho with the ungrounded electric weedwhacker is lurking just out of sight in the sliver of screen toward which the victim ~is~ going.

Toward what unknown, unseen horror is that young rodder rushing? We see where he's been, but the edge of the screen is either a wall or a cliff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Still not sure how to integrate the "Youngrodders.com" text, so I've removed it for now.
Why does it have to be integrated? Check the Hotrodders.com logo. The text is not part of the garage, the car nor the tools.

If you had a garage, you could logically use the text as a sign on the roof or wall or door. Maybe a kid bent over pushing a relic in one end of the garage, the Youngrodders.com sign on the side, and the finished rod coming out the other side. I think it would be a bit too heavy on the graphics, but as I said before, I'm not the target. (As it is, I think the car is still a bit too large).