Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - colors for Youngrodders.com, looking for feedback
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 11:01 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by home brew
Grouch - because you saw the logo after it was changed you do not understand what I said. Originally the logo was flipped so the driver was on the other side of the car making it right hand drive.
I'm sleepy and my head is overstuffed with control arms and steering geometry puzzles, but I'm not -that- far gone. Yet. Take a look at each of the banner images I attached in various messages. Each one of that type includes both a right-hand and left-hand drive car.

The reason I flipped the original image and put one at each end of the text (other than the fact that I'm lousy at originating the artwork) was because of that design tension thing. The original would need to be either floated to the right side of the page, making the youngrodder driving into the known (toward the center of the page) and leaving the unknown, or the image needed to be flipped. If flipped, so that it can stay on the left side of the page without the mystery, it then appears to exclude left-hand drive vehicles, so it needed both.

I'm not talented enough to redraw the car as a left-hand drive car pointed at the center, coming from the left side of the page, so I let the software do the mirror and rationalized it with the thinking that it was more international in its invitation that way.

Quote:
As far as the Hitchcock/slasher reference you are right. "Toward what unknown, unseen horror is that young rodder rushing? We see where he's been, but the edge of the screen is either a wall or a cliff."
I looked at it for a long time before it finally dawned on me what was nagging about it. Then it was like seeing 1 rusty lug nut amongst chrome ones.

Quote:
So far he's been nowhere. Therefore, I like your idea of a jalopy going into the Youngrodders garage and coming out a hot rod.
I can do a rough pencil sketch, but I can't produce something on a par with klassik's or malc's work.

Another way to use the car as-is might be to have the 'Y' as lower-case, italicized (freehand) with its first stroke (the upper left) being the inside edge of a sharp curve of asphalt, with the car about to turn and head across the page, left to right. That emphasizes the driving and leaves out the construction, though.

Remember: people around you will think you're nuts if you roll around on the floor in front of your computer. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between convulsions and laughter. Note in the attached image that the more detail that's included, the larger the image has to be on the page or all of that is lost.
Attached Images
File Type: png youngrodders-turn.png (33.0 KB, 54 views)