Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - colors for Youngrodders.com, looking for feedback
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 12:44 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

re: colors for Youngrodders.com, looking for feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
...getting closer

Here's a design with more contrast: Youngrodders.com, and, this time, I picked the color codes directly out of the logo, so everything matches a little better. For example, the main background color is the color from the lighter side of the grille in the logo. The header background is the color of the kid's arm, etc.

Still not sure how to integrate the "Youngrodders.com" text, so I've removed it for now.

rebelbill -- maybe the building could be a shop or garage of some sort?

I was thinking more like an old fashioned drive in. When I think about hot rods sometimes I can't help but imagine what it might have been like to have been a teenager when my parents were. When I daydream about it I get this perfect picture of a 50's drive in with T-Buckets and Wolfman Jack cranked up on every AM radio in the joint...Damn I was born way too late...

Not to mention the trends of todays youth, as I think has always sort of been the norm, is to try to recreate the past in some of the newer styles.

Bill