Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Combination brake distribution block
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 12:35 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Combination brake distribution block

I'm working on a brake problem on a new project. Front disc( new front clip) rear drums. New 7" dual booster, Corvette style master and a combination valve(Gearhead) mounted below the master, both on firewall 6 to 1 pedal ratio new lines including braided front lines . My question is 2 fold one, the combination valve. It has a rubber covered valve where the front brake lines exit what is this for and suppose to do? Secondly I can't get a good pedal When engine off there seems to have some resistance in the pedal however, when engine is running the first few inches of pedal movement seems to be without resistance. have done all the checks, pin to booster, vacuum power, bleed ,gravity bleed, manual bleed. still no brakes to speak of. Calipers have valves on the up side.I did buy a set of used calipers and dropped spindles at a swap meet they appeared to be O K. The rear drum shoes have been adjusted to the drums for a snug fit. I know I'm rambling on just try to list all the variables. Any advise appreciated.