Hot Rod Forum banner

Come On Man!

682K views 6K replies 177 participants last post by  ogre 
#1 ·
I am thinking there needs to be a "come on man" thread dedicated to showcase the oddest most ridiculous rides (OK so beauty is in the eye of the beholder),,,,

This baby cost more than 300K to build and is a vette with possibly the ugliest body style attached,,,come on man!

Attachments

See less See more
#951 ·
Actually if you look at the wheels they are in the exact same position in each photo which proves only one thing. Apparently just out of the picture frame there is a crane lifting car bodies on top of those wheels for the next picture. The guy in the stripped shirt is either glued to the ground or the crane operator is really fast as is the wheel painter guy.

Makes perfect sense to me.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

#953 ·
Thanks for that link, Brian.

The pair of red and yellow ricers above show to be "Probably" p-shopped, "Pixels only match software editors", but oddly the first one I posted (post #948, donk w/huge wheels and all the signage) says "Can't tell", "There is nothing in the file metadata that indicates this file has been edited. Careful editors can fix the data and erase their tracks though, so this means you'll have to look at the photo and decide if it looks correct and not edited."

Still, the software has potential.

#957 ·
Sooooooo, what if a person comes here to the Hotrodders and finds his car is in this thread?

Brian
Take it on the chin? :D

There has been no mean spirted posts as far as I can tell, why be concerned?. If someone gets bashed as some type of looser for his abstract creative ways or directly insulted then that post should be dumped and the poster warned. The thread is all in fun and if someone gets upset soooo what? call the moral police to bring them a tissue? I think not.

Anyone that dares to build/drive/own/show off these builds is up for riticule and/or judgement of some sort, just as long as we are not mean about it no problem IMHO, my intention when I started it was not to offend I assure you of that, but I cant hold everyones hand either.

As far as the "clown" special I hope he gets 20K for it.

#960 ·
Well, he does have running BOARDS. I'll give you that. it is a Rat Rod...gotta give you that too. And he made a bicycle carrier without drilling into the bumper or tailgate...Okay...I gotta give you that as well...just so many option that the General never thought of for that year of truck....LOL...when I type out General...it came out Gerbal. Might still be spelled wrong but that's the only option I couldn't find....wait, the hoods open but no picture of whats underneath it...LOL

Ray

#962 ·
The hood is open, brake booster is chrome, and the rad is to big to feed water to Gerbal's. I can appreciate you liking it and I'm sure a lot of hard work has gone into it...I'm just not a big fan. If you weren't a fan of something I liked...I can appreciate that too, to each their own. For me, I wouldn't want wooden running boards on anything I built...but that's just my opinion.

Ray

#964 ·
The brake booster isn't chrome, its just standard GM fair, the rad is a gigantic alum unit. Look through the grill opening, its huge. I would almost bet its all sitting on a modern platform of some sort.
Hey, I get you don't like it, I drive a land yacht and the paint and vinyl are completely thrashed, and its gonna stay that way lol. Cause its how I like it. Some people get it, some don't. I'm OK with that.

#963 ·
Yes I know it's bagged, but blow some air into the bags and let me see what it looks like as a drivable beast - then I'll comment on its looks.

FWIW - I generally prefer to see a car at "stock" or near-stock height. (my personal view - which I know is not shared by many!) Dropping/slamming/lowering etc is usually SO overdone - it's like seeing a chopped top where there is only about a 1/2 inch of glass left. To me it just looks stoopid!

#966 ·
I like patina, but rust, and dents aren't my thing. I'm OK with well worn paint, and even some primer. But I just don't know why someone drives a vehicle forever and leaves the dents, rust holes, etc.
My vehicles aren't show rides, but I try to get around to paint sooner or later. This one may have to wait another year for paint, unless I can find a shop to borrow, and learn to shoot it myself!

#967 ·
I like patina, but rust, and dents aren't my thing. I'm OK with well worn paint, and even some primer. But I just don't know why someone drives a vehicle forever and leaves the dents, rust holes, etc.

I guess what it comes down to is that I can spend a ton of $$$$ on making it pretty or I can use the same $$$ to build another car. (I have never sold a rod yet, don't intend to start) - I'd rather build two drivable cars than have just one in glossy perfection. With that pickup, I would NOT have bagged and lowered it, I would not have lopped off the top - but I would have installed the "new" engine, the automatic trans, the 4 wheel disc brakes, the IFS and IRS, the air cond, the cruise control, the power windows & locks. And then drive it! Dents and rust vs perfect gaps and hand-rubbed paint do not have any impact on my enjoyment of it.

#970 ·
I didn't know where else to post this but wanted to show you guys. These are home made hand controls. They were so friggin sloppy HOLY CRAP how dangerous!

Brian

#974 ·
Don't know Ray. I have a number of friends who are handicapped and have dealt with these controls most of my life, and I own a Vehicle code book for the state, I have never seen a law or heard of one that says HOW you control your car, with a rope tied to you nose, nothing, I have never seen a thing on the subject.

I think what it comes under is "Officers discretion" a cop could impound this thing if he wanted and I believe he would have the right, I think it is dangerous and it should be removed from the highway.

Brian

#975 ·
I agree Brian, I have nothing against Rat Rods...if you like that sort of thing. I've seen some done and done well. What bothers me though is that sometimes I feel as though it's a way to get away with doing anything. If it's not right, well it doesn't matter, it's a Rat Rod.

I just feel that sometimes it's a way out of spending the time to make things better, often it can't be a shortage of cash, they have more money in some of those than a frame off resto. I've seen it before as well where a respectable old part was damaged because of the rat rod look that the had to have. I know of a case where a perfectly good hood on an old Dodge 2dr was walked on to give it that damaged look, how much skill does that take. But, to each their own.

Ray

#976 ·
I wonder what would happen to the driver if there was an accident and he was driving with those homemade controls Brian? If he wasn't skewered on them, and survived, I'd guess he'd be lucky to not get sued for everything he owned, as any good lawyer could show those controls most likely caused the accident, whether they did or not.

#977 ·
Guys you can't believe how bad they are. I would shoot a video but the car has left. They flopped around, we weren't supported by anything. You could move them to the left or the right a foot, to get in you had to lift them up and hook them on the steering wheel, then get in and let them lay on your knees so you could spin the wheel! You can't believe how much of a hacked joke they were. Any of use could make something a thousand times better in our friggin sleep out of a cut up lawn mower handle. You couldn't believe how bad they were.

Brian

This post has been deleted
#991 ·
This is a car I could see finding a place in the "Come on now" thread. But does it deserve it? I don't think so, I think it is friggin awesome! It looks like the real thing, I have never asked but it sure looks like a real Baja Racer to me!.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.