Hot Rod Forum banner

Come On Man!

682K views 6K replies 177 participants last post by  ogre 
#1 ·
I am thinking there needs to be a "come on man" thread dedicated to showcase the oddest most ridiculous rides (OK so beauty is in the eye of the beholder),,,,

This baby cost more than 300K to build and is a vette with possibly the ugliest body style attached,,,come on man!

Attachments

See less See more
#1,123 ·

Ok, this dude is a hypermiler, at least there is a real purpose behind what he is doing.
He quite possibly gets 50 MPG with that thing, or MORE. These guys are as passionate about getting the best gas milage they can as a guy at the drag strip every week who spent the entire week before and $2000 to get another 0.05 of a second out of his car in the quarter.

Check out the Ecomodder forum Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com It cracks me up when I see people drive the way they do then complain about how much it costs them to fill up the tank. I thought I knew how to drive to save fuel, I mean come on it's pretty common sense, but this website brought it to levels I never would believed. Many with very simple driving habit changes. I increased my fuel economy in my Taurus SHO by 20% with some very simple driving tricks learned on that site.

I can see how you would get caught up in it and do what this guy has done to this pickup, I GET IT, I really do and it could be fun.

Check out this project and tell me this guy isn't a "hot rodder", well "Cold rodder"? LOL, I think I just coined a name for them, "Cold Rodders" LOLOL

CRX HF reverse trike project - Page 4 - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com

Brian

#1,127 ·
"dual stromberg carbs"?

Yep I'll bet that is exactly what is going on here. From the looks of the brake drums on the front they may be right that it DOES have two Model A axles, wow.

Brian

#1,129 ·
Maybe it is glass? Damn it looks like a weld going across the door and bare metal, maybe those are some horrendous fiberglass seams? It sure looks like metal in the rear photo but then on the other side there is no opening door, the front clip looks glass, hmmm. I still think the body is metal.

Brian

#1,135 ·
Looks like the driveshaft is running through a little opening in a wood 2X6 crossmember.
You say that as if there is something wrong in that approach! :D:D:D rofl

considering the rest of the "car", it's gorgeous proportions, its sexy appeal to the masses, what's wrong with completing the whole theme with a wooden crossmember with a driveshaft through it?

Just matches the whole package!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.