Come On Man! - Page 27 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

TMP, I had seen that car in an email and I still think that the "COOLEST" thing on there is the pitch fork, tractor seat and harness hames seats - - - - - I would use those and add a couple of horse blanket cushions.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 07:50 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

[/QUOTE]

Ohooo! The new 2014's are out!

BB
Old 04-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
OK !!! I finally found the one I have been looking for. This "car" is local and I saw it at a show where I didn't have my camara. It is built out of an old manure spreader. Very "innovative" and street legal....

Just think of all the manure that passed over and soaked into those boards.
It should have been powered by an old tractor engine, preferably a 2-cylinder John Deere or a hit-and-miss engine.

Hey, I've got a couple of old manure spreaders sitting in the weeds if any of you want to start your own build.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:28 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFarmer2 View Post
Just think of all the manure that passed over and soaked into those boards.
It should have been powered by an old tractor engine, preferably a 2-cylinder John Deere or a hit-and-miss engine.

Hey, I've got a couple of old manure spreaders sitting in the weeds if any of you want to start your own build.
It sat out in the weather so long that it doesn't smell anymore. The grill/radiator is from a Minneapolis Moline. Has a washtub for fan shroud and the seat backs are pitch forks and oxen yokes. It really is well thought out and has many farm related items in use.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 AM

Last photo:

The "unimportant" story on that Rodent Rod that I posted was that it was actually an entry at a car show in Alvin, Texas (home of Nolan Ryan) in the under-construction catagory. Maybe they should add another class entitled under-demolition.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
The "unimportant" story on that Rodent Rod that I posted was that it was actually an entry at a car show in Alvin, Texas (home of Nolan Ryan) in the under-construction catagory. Maybe they should add another class entitled under-demolition.
Or "Most Bizarre". I see these rat rods around here that seem to be held together with baling wire and all kinds of crazy junk hanging on them for attention. It truely seems they are competing with each other for the most bizarre award...
Old 04-18-2013, 07:53 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Or "Most Bizarre". I see these rat rods around here that seem to be held together with baling wire and all kinds of crazy junk hanging on them for attention. It truely seems they are competing with each other for the most bizarre award...
I'm not sure this qualifies as a "Rat Rod" To me it it's more of a "Mobile Barn Yard" Or perhap this is what happens when Wifey says" Clean up that crap!"

BB
Old 04-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
Oh COME ON MAN! Not the car of course, but the conditions!

I was just sent this by my brother, it was an email to him.

Here's one that'd cause your sphincter to pucker: Let's say you're Rich Williams here in Santa Rosa, and you took a leap of faith and bought a 58 Impala from back east off e bay. You've waited for the day your new baby would arrive. Here comes the transporter...he pulls up in front of your house to off load your long-awaited treasure. The driver goes to move the car and hollers down at Rich there's no brakes, and just as he does that, he releases the parking brake. The car rolls back and high centers on the truck ramp, leaving it teetering. The driver stepped out of the car and got down safely. Gus St.Marie sent me the pictures, which were taken yesterday. Not sure how they got it off, but the car is at a local shop now. No report yet as to what the damages might be.
Craig

If that wouldn't make your butt pucker I don't know what would!

Brian
Old 04-20-2013, 07:11 PM

Last photo:

I'm afraid it would do more than pucker

That is a NICE Impally - - - and IMHO, done exactly the correct way - - - if there's such a thing. WOW
Old 04-21-2013, 06:03 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Oh COME ON MAN! Not the car of course, but the conditions!

If that wouldn't make your butt pucker I don't know what would!

Brian
I fail to understand how the driver would not have chocked the rear wheels before releasing the brake.... If he KNEW it had no brakes, why do something this dumb ??? And just how was he going to get it down the ramp forward under control ? Use the foot brake ?? Begs the question why he didn't slam it back on when it started rolling the wrongway. If that were my car, the drivers butt would be the last he needed to worry about...
Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Years ago I was working for a Ford Dealership doing new car get ready. It was late in the model year and we finally received a yellow Galaxie Convertible we had been waiting for that was long past due. When I started to service it I found overspray all over the car and you could see the front had been repainted. Things didn't quite fit as nicely as normal. We serviced it, cleaned it up and delivered it. It came back for warranty a few times some for squeaks and rattles. A couple of years later I was down at the plant in Pico Rivera taking a class on the new Thunderbird when i got to talking to the instructor about a wrecked T Bird I had seen on the way in( it had been whacked by a train while being test driven on the streets by a Ford executive). The damaged T Bird was parked next to a couple of other damaged cars and the instructor explained that those cars were waiting to go into a special area to be repaired and sent out to awaiting dealerships. In the course of our conversation he told me laughingly about how a couple of years earlier they had a yellow convertible that had taken a nose dive off the top front position of one of the Hadley car carriers at the first stop light on Washington Blvd. It seems that the driver had forgotten to chain it down! Guess which yellow convertible it was!

BB
Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
Years ago I was working for a Ford Dealership doing new car get ready. It was late in the model year and we finally received a yellow Galaxie Convertible we had been waiting for that was long past due. When I started to service it I found overspray all over the car and you could see the front had been repainted. Things didn't quite fit as nicely as normal. We serviced it, cleaned it up and delivered it. It came back for warranty a few times some for squeaks and rattles. A couple of years later I was down at the plant in Pico Rivera taking a class on the new Thunderbird when i got to talking to the instructor about a wrecked T Bird I had seen on the way in( it had been whacked by a train while being test driven on the streets by a Ford executive). The damaged T Bird was parked next to a couple of other damaged cars and the instructor explained that those cars were waiting to go into a special area to be repaired and sent out to awaiting dealerships. In the course of our conversation he told me laughingly about how a couple of years earlier they had a yellow convertible that had taken a nose dive off the top front position of one of the Hadley car carriers at the first stop light on Washington Blvd. It seems that the driver had forgotten to chain it down! Guess which yellow convertible it was!

BB
And this stuff still goes on with every company. When Toyota was building cars in the Fremont plant we repaired shipping damaged cars for Toyota of America at the shop where I work. We saw the damnedest things. The same damage over and over and over. We could have four or five cars on the lot with a scratch down the center of the roof or front bumper spoiler damage or Siennas with the front and rear both crunched. It was wild. Some were understandable, just the cost of moving hundreds of thousands of cars. Like the group we got once that had been attacked while in a train. Something thrown at the train, looked like concrete "rocks". They were in enclosed train cars but there are gaps between panels so some stuff can get thru. It was interesting damage, looked like these rocks were shot from a cannon. We did this work for all the years Toyota was here, and we always had a number of cars in the lot that had never been to a dealer, brand spanking new.

Back when my dad was selling new Buicks I saw a few that sounded like your Ford, a 77 Regal comes to mind with a quarter painted so poorly they didn't even take the emblem off and there was overspray all over the trim.

Brian
Old 04-21-2013, 08:38 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
I fail to understand how the driver would not have chocked the rear wheels before releasing the brake.... If he KNEW it had no brakes, why do something this dumb ??? And just how was he going to get it down the ramp forward under control ? Use the foot brake ?? Begs the question why he didn't slam it back on when it started rolling the wrongway. If that were my car, the drivers butt would be the last he needed to worry about...
The whole thing makes you not want to ship a car doesn't it? Some people just don't care or the guy was having a bad day, who knows. Goodness knows I have made a few mistakes or seen them with cars rolling off frame racks and falling from a two post lift (I called it the bungee jumping car ) so unless I know more I got to go with simply a brain fart and let the guy off easy.

Brian
Old 04-21-2013, 08:39 AM

Last photo:

I know one thing, looking at that photo with the name of the company on the door, not real good advertising is it.

Brian
Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
And this stuff still goes on with every company. When Toyota was building cars in the Fremont plant we repaired shipping damaged cars for Toyota of America at the shop where I work. We saw the damnedest things. The same damage over and over and over. We could have four or five cars on the lot with a scratch down the center of the roof or front bumper spoiler damage or Siennas with the front and rear both crunched. It was wild. Some were understandable, just the cost of moving hundreds of thousands of cars. Like the group we got once that had been attacked while in a train. Something thrown at the train, looked like concrete "rocks". They were in enclosed train cars but there are gaps between panels so some stuff can get thru. It was interesting damage, looked like these rocks were shot from a cannon. We did this work for all the years Toyota was here, and we always had a number of cars in the lot that had never been to a dealer, brand spanking new.

Back when my dad was selling new Buicks I saw a few that sounded like your Ford, a 77 Regal comes to mind with a quarter painted so poorly they didn't even take the emblem off and there was overspray all over the trim.

Brian
The grossest one's we used to get, this is before the inclosed rail cars, were the ones that a Bum had lived in while the train came across country. i'm glad I didn't have to clean them up! And it was quite common to recieve new cars with bullet holes in them. The buyer never knew.

BB

Tags
automotive photography, humor

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.