Hot Rod Forum banner

Come On Man!

682K views 6K replies 177 participants last post by  ogre 
#1 ·
I am thinking there needs to be a "come on man" thread dedicated to showcase the oddest most ridiculous rides (OK so beauty is in the eye of the beholder),,,,

This baby cost more than 300K to build and is a vette with possibly the ugliest body style attached,,,come on man!

Attachments

See less See more
#3,319 · (Edited)
Seeing the airplane made me curious as to how a Mooney M20 could wind up on something like that there ve-hickle. Here is the story on the plane for those whom are interested...
For those of us who are pilots, this reinforces the lessons were all taught at flight school.

"If you have an 'oops" in your car, you can just pull over to the side of the road.
If you do that with your airplane, you will nearly always wind up on the front page of the local newspaper."

#3,321 ·
We had a glass tube with a plunger that I pushed up a valve under the wing in the bottom of the fuel tank to check for water Before I visually checked the fuel ,I was not allowed to leave the airport without the plane being full of fuel,,it was fueled every time I returned,but still had to Visually check before departure,along with the rest of check list:confused::rolleyes:

Does sound like an insurance deal ,what a great accidental landing spot :D

#3,333 ·
This was staged, there's a knuckle joint attached to the frame to allow this to simulate frame buckling, all for show, to get the crowd fired up, which it accomplished!!...they said it was straightened out and later won an event, RIGHT WHATEVER!!!...You just don't straighten out a frame like that with some come-alongs, and then get right back at it...it was cool to see it, but looks really stupid for having the cable at such a high angle of pull over a chunk of concrete just begging for this to happen, but a truck show is a truck show...entertainment for the

Found This,,they draw a crowd and make money:D

#3,337 ·
That is the Russian "Korabl Maket". it was a Vehicle designed to travel in a ground effect mode. it's stubby wings lifted it about 15 feet above the ground and kept it there. It was built and flown in the mid sixties. It crashed in 1980. I've read about it for years but have never got a definitive answer as to what purpose it had. probably fun to fly though! More than one vehicle of varying types were built.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

Here's more info and videos of the vehicle.

EKRANOPLANO "LUN Project 903",WIG,Mostro Mar Caspio,Russian Ekranoplan,Video

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.