Comment on Chinese and made in China - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 03:41 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Comment on Chinese and made in China

Hello, everybody, Let me say something about China and those goods made in China, to be honest it is my first time to see so many upsetting messages attack Chinese people.
Every nation, country must contains different people with different background or education, as the proverb tells every family has a black sheep, maybe the like... I hope every face these issues in a proper way.
Maybe some Chinese do not not have a decent occupation in USA, I think it is because they grow up in a different culture rather than America, they have to learn language, calture, basic skill if they want to have a job in USA, in fact it is not worthy criticizing, is there anyone agree me?

Furthermore, those ones poeple think not acceptable in USA can not represent all the Chinese.

I am a salesman exports sprockets to USA, I feel everybody of my customers in USA is friendly and accessible, trustworthy, in this case our business has been going well for five years and I believe the cooperation would extend to ten years, 20 years...

Welcome to see China, China today!
Doncloud

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2006, 04:35 AM
aka Duke of URL

Last wiki edit: Finding vacuum leaks Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doncloud

...to be honest it is my first time to see so many upsetting messages attack Chinese people.

I've seen nothing attacking the Chinese people. I have seen plenty attacking the inferior goods manufactured in your country and imported/sold here by uncaring distributors and your present form of government and its' designs.

BTW- I still have a little concern regarding your country's incursion across the Yalu River.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Welcome to Hotrodders......This is the Introduction forum...not a discussion forum. Please read our rules and policy regarding advertising...You have a business url as your location...that is a no no.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:38 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ
......I still have a little concern regarding your country's incursion across the Yalu River.
AMEN!

Made in China = inferior, cheap, poor copy, and junk. The Chinese use inferior aluminum and steel. They have crappy casting techniques and make cheap copies of American engineered auto parts. Case in point: Power-Plus polished aluminum intake manifolds. Cheap aluminum copy of and old Edelbrock design. Torque it to specs and you take a good chance of cracking the manifold.

There is NOTHING made in a country that has a Communist government that I would knowingly buy. Why buy crap when you can buy quality instead.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:41 PM
"May the Schwartz be with you"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Finally getting going...
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
AMEN!

Made in China = inferior, cheap, poor copy, and junk. The Chinese use inferior aluminum and steel. They have crappy casting techniques and make cheap copies of American engineered auto parts. Case in point: Power-Plus polished aluminum intake manifolds. Cheap aluminum copy of and old Edelbrock design. Torque it to specs and you take a good chance of cracking the manifold.

There is NOTHING made in a country that has a Communist government that I would knowingly buy. Why buy crap when you can buy quality instead.
I wonder if the government forces auto mechanics to use domestic products...

That would sure bite!
Old 07-26-2006, 06:04 PM

Last photo:

Sadly even our United States flags are made in China.

You'd think we could at LEAST... make those ourselves?

I heard China now produces over 90% of our flags. And I think it's Britain purchases more of our flags, then we do.

Scarey!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Chinese made goods seem to be a real sore point these days......posting it here isn;t going to help your cause much.

BTW, it belongs in "Off Topic", so I am moving it there.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:54 PM
"May the Schwartz be with you"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Finally getting going...
Last photo:

Looking For Work
Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6am.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG).

He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY), pumped in gas (CAME FROM CANADA and MIDDLE EAST) continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA.

http://trudy.objectis.net/humor/
Old 07-26-2006, 08:00 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

i don't think anyone here dislikes the chinese people per se.... just the fact that we can't buy damn near anything that is made in usa, because all the manufacturing jobs have gone overseas to countries who pay poverty level wages, do not have to comply with environmental regulations, and make a piss poor product. we can bash mexico, indonesia, you name it...... we'll gripe.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:10 PM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:

The Chinese can make good products but they only do so if the Chinese government has a strong interest in it. Take for example, the SKS riffle, a Russian designed medium calibur semi auto riffle. The Chinese bought the design from the Russians and made it better. To combat corrosive primer ammo, the Chinese chrome lined the barrels. I know for a fact because I have a Chinese SKS and a Yugoslavian SKS. If I run corrosive ammo through the Chinese riffle, I don't have to clean it immediately. If I run the same ammo through the Yugo riffle, I better clean it right away or the barrel will corrode and get pits in the riffling. It isn't a matter if the Chinese can make quality products, it is they chose not to. If you keep costs down by using inferior material and cheap labor the company selling this crap has the most to profit from it. Their is a big difference between exported products coming out of China as compared to the stuff made for domestic use there.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:59 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doncloud
I am a salesman exports sprockets to USA, I feel everybody of my customers in USA is friendly and accessible, trustworthy, in this case our business has been going well for five years and I believe the cooperation would extend to ten years, 20 years...
They're friendly because they're getting a cheap product then selling it to us and making a killing from it. It's the American way spend as little as you can while trying to make as much as you can using any means necessary. (think Enron, WalMart, Nike, etc...) It's include domestic automakers but they're not doing well in the money making department...
Old 07-27-2006, 01:09 AM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Looking For Work
Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6am.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG).

He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY), pumped in gas (CAME FROM CANADA and MIDDLE EAST) continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA.

http://trudy.objectis.net/humor/
Lol that's so sad but true, I think I died a little more inside. I realllllyyy can't wait to see where the U.S. is in the next 20 years, frankly, I'm quite scared at how much change there will be
Old 07-30-2006, 02:14 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,279 Times in 1,120 Posts
I just read an article this morning on how WE are getting polution here in America created in China by the very plants making things we cheap ars Americans THINK we need!

Here we have strict anti polution regulations to keep our planet as it is for our future generations and over in China they are sheeting on OUR earth to make these poor quality products many Americans are dying to get. These very same Americans may be driving around a hybrid to save the environment but are too stupid to know the bike or set of pots and pans they bought because they were the cheapest were made at a plant with no polution controls pouring raw chemicals in the nearby river and spewing raw polutants in the air that THEY are now breathing in their home in middle America!

I have nothing against any people in China, it is the government that is the craps.

Brian
Old 07-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Ahhhh, It's a small world!
People don't realize that in the end they are going to pay anyway.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:

As long as people swarm to Wallymart and the other discount stores to buy cheap junk, China will prosper. Japan in the 50s-60s, Taiwan afterward, now China. There's a gazillion 99cent stores around here selling their junk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.