Comp Cams Hiegh Energy Aluminium Roller Rockers. Has Anyone Used These? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Comp Cams Hiegh Energy Aluminium Roller Rockers. Has Anyone Used These?

A tangent post from my rocker ratio`s but I have to know who & if anyone has had first hand experience with these roller rockers?

Im plumping to buy some magnum roller tips but just don't like not knowing about them, as info seems illusive & im not wanting to miss a trick on my mild street motor.

so come on you lurker, tell me what ya know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 06:49 PM

Last photo:

I have been running them for a year no problems
Old 04-26-2012, 07:35 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Ridiculous. You're worried about the quality of rocker arms from one of the main cam companies? Roller rockers on a mild street engine? Really?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

Hmmm, seems like a basic search off google would have answered your question one in the same.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rockin daddy
Ridiculous. You're worried about the quality of rocker arms from one of the main cam companies? Roller rockers on a mild street engine? Really?
Im not worried about quality, as much as longevity, no point spending money on rockers that grenade the engine after 12 months & a few burnouts.

with regards to the google search ive been there tried that & found most results to be marketing press

just because the manufacturer is one of the big boys, dont mean they can turn out poor quality items & call it budget
Old 04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swompz
Im not worried about quality, as much as longevity, no point spending money on rockers that grenade the engine after 12 months & a few burnouts.

with regards to the google search ive been there tried that & found most results to be marketing press

just because the manufacturer is one of the big boys, dont mean they can turn out poor quality items & call it budget
No it doesn't. Let me ask you this....do you think they got as big as they are and have been in business as long as they have if they put junk out under their name? You guys who think you're the first to run a particular company's particular part or your engine is so unique that a product from a well known company is going to fail because it's on your engine crack me up. Dude, any rocker from any reputable company will do the job and you can safely bolt them in and sleep at night with no worries.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:38 PM

The thing is hear in the uk, we have much slimmer pickings on what parts are availible for these motors, as theres only a hand full of suppliers most of which sell the same tried & tested parts these rockers not being one of them, so is in essance a bit of an unknown quantity.

coupled with the fact that i have little disposible income means I feel I need to be sure im spending my money wiesely as I literaly cant afford to make a mistake. just putting togeather the short block has toook me 6 months of saving every penny.

Appologise if my questions seem stupid but I hope this goes some way to explaining why I pose them
Old 04-27-2012, 07:30 PM

roller rockers

i see nothing wrong with his question.how many big companies have outsorsed their products to china and quality suffers.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swompz
The thing is hear in the uk, we have much slimmer pickings on what parts are availible for these motors, as theres only a hand full of suppliers most of which sell the same tried & tested parts these rockers not being one of them, so is in essance a bit of an unknown quantity.

coupled with the fact that i have little disposible income means I feel I need to be sure im spending my money wiesely as I literaly cant afford to make a mistake. just putting togeather the short block has toook me 6 months of saving every penny.

Appologise if my questions seem stupid but I hope this goes some way to explaining why I pose them
No, your questions aren't stupid. What I'm saying is for the engine you are building, you don't even need roller rockers. If you must have them, any rocker by any reputable company will work fine. If you want genuine aluminum roller rockers built in the U.S. you have two companies to choose from. Harland Sharp and Scorpion. You will never hear complaints about the products from these two companies. FWIW, I run Harland Sharp rockers.

P.S. Nobody knows your from the U.K. You don't have it in your profile so it shows up next to your name in your posts.

To the poster that chimed in about china. Understand something. The big cam companies design their own parts. If they are machined in China, I guarantee you that they are machined on newer CNC machines. The problem is rip-off companies that don't design their own parts and just copy American company parts.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:17 AM
World Famous VF-14

Last journal entry: Cleaned it up...
Last photo:

If you don't mind spending some shipping cash you can check out skip white on ebay and pick up some really nice Stainless steel roller rockers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370575707517...WAX:IT&vxp=mtr

Give em a good cleaning before you install em, like any other part.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:56 AM

Hi Jim thankyou for your sudjestion. I have seen them before on fleebay , but was unsure of them beacause they look to be copies of comps hi tech rockers, Ive not heard of the manufacture WYSCO are they well known/good quality??

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.