Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - comp cams XE cams
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Show me the money !

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hmmmm.

Ok. I just finished my 400gm w/ a comp XR270 . I wanted to go one up but my engine guru talked me down to a 270 because it is an everyday driver. I chose Comp hydraulic roller lifters, with the link bar. I had to settle for what seems to be an excellent full roller rocker made by PRW for short money. I chose RHS heads assembled by RHS ( who is a comp cam partner) made specifically for my cam. Here is where it gets fun. I have never heard anything"Bad" about CC. until now. I'm not even sure its "Bad", My motor is bad to the bone. However,it makes a fair amount of noise, like a sewing machine.This baffled me AND my guru.I only have a few hundred miles on it now and am still trying to figure out where it is coming from.Some say its link bar noise. some say its the cam, in fact, comp cams tech told me it was because of the cam. My guru isn't having it.I adjusted the valves a second time,changed the oil and .. same thing. I have also read,some people have been able to almost eliminate the noise by going to a different oil wt. So... where do I go from here?after all if I wanted noise, I would have gone with solids. Don't take this the wrong way. it isn't THAT noisy, just louder than expected. Oh yeah, the cam, Awesome. Please reply?