complete hub to hub IFS - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 04:32 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

complete hub to hub IFS

I found a complete hub to hub IFS for my 37 plymouth on a web site. Does anybody knkow anythiong about Jim Weimer's Rod Garage in WI? Price is very reasonable and free shipping. Is this too good to be true?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Dodge ain't all bad

Last photo:

37 plymouth coupe

I have heard nothing but good about Jim Weimer's Rod Garage, and I do know that there are many on here that have his setup, I myself have TCI and I love it but Jim didn't do them for mine at the time.
By the way Welcome, HA HA this is Great another Dodge (Plymouth) rodder maybe we can take over here sooooooooon.

30dee
Old 07-20-2006, 12:55 PM

I have a 37 Plymouth P-4 set up with a Fatman IFS and it is working fine. Don't know Jim's product. Suggest you try to do a part by part comparison with a reputable and popular IFS package. Look at metal thickness, parts included/excluded, finishes, warranty, reputation, feedback from others using Jim's stuff, etc. Do your homework first and you will be able to make a sound decision. Good Luck!
Old 07-20-2006, 02:38 PM
41' Chevy Master DeLuxe Tudor

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod
Last journal entry: Engine/Trans Mock-up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I just got my IFS kit from Jim Weimer Rod Garage this week and so far I am pleased with the purchase. I haven't installed it yet but will be soon. I called and talked to Darrell the owner before I made the purchase. He urged me to call if any questions came up during the install. The kit has good quality parts along with quality fabricated parts. I got the tube a-arm IFS kit and a complete rear spring kit (Chassis Engineering) from him less than 2k. Give him a call and talk to him before you decide and also call the other guys too.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:40 PM

I'm with the general concensus. I've talked with Darrell on the phone too and I'm going to go with the Jim Weimer when it's time to order the front end for my '37 Dodge coupe. Another really nice looking option is Jim Meyer Racing (google it up). Their kit uses Camaro parts and is designed from the ground up custom a-arms, easy to find parts, excellent handling designed from the get go, but really expensive . I've read some not-too flattering things about Fatman parts, but you probably can't go wrong with any of the options out there now.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.