Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - compression calculator
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 12:06 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i get the 9.0 from a sellers website showing the pistons at stock, 10, 20, and 30 over and with 64 and 76cc heads it was the most complete info i could find. we started it up yesterday and it definately sounds like it has alot more balls than the stock 305 it replaced. we did not get to do a road test thanks to mothernature droppin snow and leaving ice all over the roads for days.... my friend that i put this together for just wants a tire smoker hes not going to race it hes too low budget to spend real money so i came up with this budget combo out of the used shortblock from one guy and heads from a swapmeet, it also has the previous goodies from the 305, hedman headers straight duals with IMCO? race mufflers edelbrock rpm intake and 1405 carb, stock '75 HEI, and TH350 with a new B&M shiftkit.
any idea on where i should set the timing? i just did a quickie by ear timing and plugged in the light and its like 14BTDC. i have yet to tune the carb its out of whack and check everything else out