Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Compression Ratio Calculation
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Compresson ratio

Thanks for the help everyone, since the engine was assembled when I acquired it and no information available other than the details provided below It is looking like I won't be able to get that info needed readily.

As F-BIRD'88 said, if it is running ok on 94 and, yes, my timing is a confirmed total at 36, and my jetting seems to be ok then I'm alright from the driving pont of view.

However, I had hoped to get the exact compression ratio to 1) figure out what octane rating I do need. (to save some bucks if possible) and 2) to calculate the Gap I really need in my plugs (running R45TS's right now with 0.45 gap).

Is there a way to figure out volume without disassembling the engine? I know the water trick when you have the engine apart but not recommended with a running engine

I do not know if the 416's were ported.

I have one other avenue; my aunt thinks she recalls the place that built the motor and I am going to ask them if they keep detailed specs.

Gary