Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - compression test numbers on 350
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91chevyss View Post
Putting oil in the cylinders didnt help and I loosened the rockers a little and that didnt help either so I pulled the head and didnt see any cracks in the head or piston or valves and I pulled one valve out to see if it was seating properely, it was ok but not great. The only thing I found was a break in the head gasket between 2-4 and 6-8 but not 4-6 so Im guessing this is my problem. what do yall think?
This is one for the record books. I wonder if Guinness has a catagory for strangely blown head gaskets.

I'm thinking that if there was enough coolant in the center cylinders to blow out the gasket material in the outboard cylinders that digging into the bottom end looking for cracks in the pin bosses, bending of the rods, crushing of the rod bearings, etc. is in order.

Off the top of my head with your first post my guess would have been a problem with the compression gauge, like the thing leaking down through the Schrader valve from a small piece of dirt holding it off its seat. This is way different.

Bogie