Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Compressor Air Leaks
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 03:11 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

My dad has a 60 gallon cambell hasfeld 2 stage compressor that is probly 20+ years old and it works great. We had to change the pressure switch and magnetic starter a couple years ago but other than that it is all good. There are a few leaks in our air lines so it will bleed down overnight, but i usally forget to turn it off so it stays pressurized. If bleeding don the comressor is bad is using auto drains also bad. As far as tank explosions are concerned I have taken pop bottles both2 liter and smaller ones and drilled a hallf in hole in the cap put a valve stem in the bottle the fits snuly in the neck and the cap holds it in and presurize it as high as I can get it abuot 120 psi and poke a hole in it with a nail in the end of the stick andthe blast is like a shotgun and it ecoes in the suronding woods, the first time i did it i heldit and just poked the hole but now I stand back and whack it with the stick with a nail in it since my hand was numb after doing that. any way when i do ths the bottles can fly 20' and that is not with much pressure