Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Compressor Confusion
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002
I found a local hobbyist who wants to sell me a rebuilt compressor and used [AIR HEATER] for $700.
Its a 3HP motor on my choice of a 60 or an 80 tank. Price includes delivery and placement (with my help of course). The tank is big for the motor but he says he can paint (low CFM) on it and DA.
Prolonged die grinding was the real limitation he's claiming. I'm going to get this wrong name wise, but I think he said the motor was a "Wayne 6200". Thoughts?

Air heater? Are you sure he didn't mean air cooler?

As far as the tank is concerned that would depend on the CFM but this sounds like a home assembled outfit and I imagine the CFM is unknown. With only 3 HP I seriously doubt the CFM is high enough to warrant the use of an 80 gallon tank and in all likelihood the 60 gallon would be the better choice, in fact I can just about guarantee the 60 gallon would be better suited! The 80 gallon probably will work without any major problems but there certainly would be no advantage to using it unless it is in better condition, I would strongly suggest using the 60 gallon but look them over and take the one that looks to be in the best condition.

BTW, from the description of the set-up that price sounds waaay high to me!