Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Compressor Confusion
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 10:39 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I stumbled across this thread while doing some research for a compressor for my shop/garage and I'm glad I did. Lots of excellent info here, guys, thanks! However, I do have a question, probably a stupid one, but in a setup such as ToddMcF2002's what is the purpose for running elaborate drops to the other side of the small room, when you could just a easily connect a hose directly to the compressor (or better yet install a hose reel right above it on the wall) and avoid all that piping?

BTW, I'm probably going to end up going with one of the US General compressors from Harbor Freight. I just can't make up my mind which one to get, the 2 stage 15.8 CFM one (#93274) or it's baby brother with the single stage pump and 12.8 CFM (#3848). The bigger one is double the price for just 3 more CFM, albeit it is a 2 stage. My main uses will be running impacts, air ratchets, blowing off mowers, and such as that. I would occasionally use a die grinder with it but not often. It's hard to justify the difference in price considering the use. It looks to me like the smaller one, the 3848/US660V, is also a rebranded Belaire, specifically the Belaire 6160V minus the side ports in the tank. Thoughts?