Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Compressor/Cooling Rack Question
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 05:40 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ownerT
Leaving an update on my cooling rack for my compressor.
I have been using my blast cabinet a fair amount and I have to say I am pretty happy with the amount of water I am collecting in the drop leg of the rack vs. a very minimal amount coming out of the compressor storage tank. I am not seeing any moisture past my filter separator during extended run times.
I had posted before of my inlet and outlet temps during one cycle, I had a inlet temp of 128 vs. an outlet temp of 75, with extended running I am seeing inlet temps of 185 vs outlets of 78-80 degrees. This is with the garage being 70 degrees. I am getting my readings with a infrared temp gun at the inlet and outlet fittings.
One quirk that caught me by surprise a little was the first time the compressor shut down after filling the tank, the unloader valve has to bleed off the additional air in the rack.
/

I experianced that same thing, made me think for a minute what I had messed something up, lol.

I installed a Wilkerson auto drain ($65) on the drip leg and an electric auto drain ($90)on the compressor tank.

Someday I am going to get my refrigerated units connected, but . . . .