Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Compressor (DIFFERENT PLEASE READ)
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 11:07 AM

Last journal entry: '27 roadster quarter panels from scratch
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I know you're opposed to used however, if a unit is well maintained it can last forever. I get most of my stuff off of CL and have scored some real gems! Here's one in your area that looks good. You'd have to check it out but 15 hp, 250 psi and what looks to be a 120 gal tank would be all the air you'd ever need! Yeah, it's 3 phase but for the price they're asking you could buy a new inverter and you'd still be under the price Northern wants for the Quincy with 3 times the horsepower and twice the tank capacity.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/2848198755.html

Believe me, they're out there. I work for the U.S. Postal Service. This is sitting in our boiler room. Looks very similar to the one in the CL ad above. This one was installed in 2001 and has never been used! We run semi-annual routes on it and it's inspected yearly. It's virtually brand new! They're about to close our building and I'm sure this will go to government auction. I can't buy it. Believe me, I've tried!