Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Compressor (DIFFERENT PLEASE READ)
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:37 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh
Ok guys here we go again.

I've read all of the posts on compressors, heck I've even been involved in a few of them in the past. So all I'm looking for is actual compressor recommendations. With most of the posts there aren't many people indicating specific compressors, it's more of whats specs to get. I know OLDRED said to stick with a 60 gallon tank as long as the motor is the proper 2 stage with lots of amps.

My usage is medium to heavy. I paint my own cars so all that comes along with that, the DA, air tools etc. Because of moving to Florida I sold my older 80 gallon 2 stage compressor and will purchase a new one when I get there. It looks like the compressor that I listed below is the ticket for my price range. Can't go much more than that(budget wise). If you guys have a better suggestion that's a small amount more or even less for that matter I would appreciate it.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...0475_200350475

Thanks
Dave

Please don't mis-understand about the size of the tank, there is nothing wrong with an 80 gallon tank in combination with the right pump/motor which except for the cheap outfits is almost always the case. My point about the 80 vs 60 gallon was not that one was necessarily better than the other just that it's a mistake to let the size of the tank be the main determining factor when selecting a compressor. Choose the CFM, type(single stage/two stage) and brand/price range you want as your primary considerations.

That compressor you linked to is an excellent choice and if the specs meet your needs should provide many years of service for you.